5 Facts about Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj
Chhatrapati Shivaji turned into one of the bravest, maximum innovative and realistic rulers of India. The founder of the Maratha country, Shivaji was born to be a natural chief and fighter on nineteenth February 1630 in the prestigious Shivneri fortress. till date, the day is well known as Shiv Jayanti with extremely good rigor and conventional style with the aid of Maharashtrians.
Shivaji mounted a royal name for himself in history with his administrative skills with the aid of upholding the Swarajya values and the Maratha background. He was recognized for his bravery and methods with which he gained several wars in opposition to the Mughals. Remembering the finest Maratha ruler on his birthday, right here are some exciting information approximately Shivaji.
1. Referred to as the Father of the Indian navy, Shivaji becomes the first to recognize the importance of getting a naval pressure, and therefore he strategically set up a navy and forts on the shoreline to protect the Konkan aspect of Maharashtra. The Jaigad, Vijaydurg, Sindhudurg and different such forts still stand to testify his efforts and thoughts.
2. contrary to famous perception, Shivaji became no longer named after Lord Shiva. In truth, he changed into named after a nearby Goddess Shivai. His mom prayed to the goddess for a son and become blessed with one. The god-like stature was given to him for his deeds, and now not his call.
3. The secular ruler became very accommodating of all religions. He had several Muslim squaddies in his navy. His best goal becomes to overthrow Mughal rule and set up Maratha empire. He turned into also very supportive of folks that transformed to Hinduism.
4. Shivaji becomes a reliable supporter of girls and their honor. He opposed all varieties of violence, harassment, and dishonor towards girls. all people underneath his rule caught violating woman’s rights turned into significantly punished. In fact, women of captured territories have been additionally launched unhurt, and with integrity.
5. Chhatrapati Shivaji became referred to as because the ‘Mountain Rat’ and become widely known for his guerrilla conflict processes. He was known as so due to his recognition in the geography of his land, and guerrilla strategies like raiding, ambushing and surprise assaults on his enemies. He knew the importance of a great army, and with his skills, expanded his father’s 2000 soldier military to ten,000 squaddies.